Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013 Highlights



~ May 2013 ~

*  From April 28 thru May 5, Jeremy was gone helping Scott Lund and Scott Gurney.  It was a full week of fun times, crazy times,  stressful nights, and a moment that the house about burned down.  I know this week I was truly watched over from someone up above.  First off, the first night we had to do the chores on our own, Trey told me specifically how important it was that the gates to Pedro's corral get secured good or else he will get out.  I watched Trey and he made sure the chain was wrapped around tightly, however, much to our surprise, we watered the bunny and the baby calves and turned around and Pedro had gotten loose.  We both dropped our buckets in pure shock that he was out and slowly creeped up on him to see if we could scare him back. Well we scared him alright, he ended up taking off running around the saddle shed and a small run around.  With a  prayer in my heart, totally panicked of what I was going to do or who I was going to call, Pedro ended up running right back to where he needed to be.  The rest of the week consisted of chasing kids back and forth to school, to baseball practice, to baseball games and so forth.  Trey ended up leaving that Friday morning to go and spend  the weekend with Jeremy.  On Saturday night, the girls and I decided to fix a pizza for supper.  I threw the pizza in the oven and then while it was cooking, I hurried and bathed the little girls.  When the timer went off, I came in and opened the oven door and the house completely filled up with smoke.  Somehow, a hot pad was sitting in the bottom of the oven.  It must have slipped in when I slip the pizza pan in the oven.  Why out kitchen was not in complete flames is beyond me.  The oven was turned to 450 degrees and set to cook the pizza for 8 minutes.  I could tell from the smell of the kitchen that something was hot, but when I opened the oven door, smoke filled the kitchen and that hot pad had a small flame and just beginning to glow into the point of flames.  That same night, I was in the process of writing my Relief Society for church on Sunday.  It was my turn to teach and so I had spent all week writing my lesson.  The whole week, my computer was giving me fits and kept shutting down on me.  So while writing my talk, I will constantly be saving my lesson.  Needless to say, Sunday night, after my talk was given and I was sitting at the computer to just hang out for bit, my computer completely crashed.  I truly feel blessed and watched over that this did not happen prior to my lesson.  I hate to see that happen to my computer, but at least I was able to get through my lesson before it went down.
*  I had my thyroid taken out on the 12th of this month.  It was a four and a half hour surgery.  It went well and I am thankful that I made the decision to have it removed.  I was really nervous about the surgery, thinking about someone making a four inch incision on my neck is pretty nerve racking.
*  Ally had her preschool graduation.  Such a cute program of skits and songs. Can't believe she will be old enough to go into kindergarten.
* Jeremy and Trey were off to the desert moving cows with the Lunds, so JoAnn and I met up with Jennalee, Maddie, Tripp and Krew to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. 
*  Trey and McKenna were so glad to be done with school.  Trey finished up the 3rd grade and McKenna finished 6th grade. 
*  Tyra and Allyson had their last day at Maria Holder's house for day care.  Maria has tended the little girls for 2 years and it was a sad day for us to think that she will no longer be caring for them at her home.
*  McKenna went to the Classic Fun Center for her 6th Grade Field Trip.
*  Trey went to Palisades for his 3rd Grade Field Trip.  They learned about water safety and how to geocache.
*  Tyra and Allyson started going to Cherish Hansen's house for day care.  Cherish will be our new babysitter and care for the girls while Jeremy and I are at work.
*  This month was crazy.
*  We took 497 pictures this month.

No comments: