Wednesday after school started the G-Gette's Mini Drill Team Camp. Allyson and Lottie were pretty excited about going to this camp this year, especially because McKenna was going to be there. However, once I got to the school to drop them off, both girls were a little hesitant and weren't sure is they wanted to do it and were worried they wouldn't have fun. I did get them convinced, but even Lottie asked me while we were waiting in the line to pay, "Mom, what I do if I get in there and change my mind?". I told her she would like and that lucky for her, McKenna was one of the teachers for her age group, so I knew she would be fine.
But just like everything else these girls do, they loved every minute of it. They had so much fun and couldn't wait to come home and show us their new moves that they learned; and they were both excited to go the Thursday's practice. Thursday's practice was in the gym and then on Friday, it moved out to the football field. Here the girls did an actual run through of what they would be doing during half time that night. It was so fun to watch all the little girls admire all of the Drill Team girls. What a fun experience!
Friday night came and these girls were so excited to perform at half time. The girls were all given new shirts and they wore these to perform in. Lottie was in the 3 to 5 age group and Allyson danced with the 6 to 8 year olds. It was a pretty cute performance, it was where each age group danced they own dance and then all the girls at the end got together and performed the dance that they learned as a group. It was so cute!
* McKenna *
* Tyra Lottie *
* Allyson *
Love this G-Gette and future G-Gette's of mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment